For those with joint pain, sports medicine problems, shoulder pain, hand problems, hip and knee pain, foot and ankle injuries, who have exhausted nonsurgical treatment options, surgery may be the next step in resolving an orthopedic problem. Because surgery is a serious decision, it is a good idea to obtain a second opinion.
A second opinion can provide you the following benefits:
- Determine if you have considered all possible treatment options and if there are any other nonsurgical options can relieve symptoms without the need for surgery.
- If surgery is necessary, what type of surgery should be performed? You may not need a complex fusion or surgery that was initially recommended.
- Are you a candidate for new, advanced technology that would provide a better outcome?
- Do you qualify for minimally invasive procedure in day surgery, that would allow you to be home later that same afternoon, for a faster recovery and return to activity?
- Could you benefit from a second opinion? And is it worth the time and expense to travel to an specialty orthopedic center?
Complete the Second Opinion form below to describe your case. After learning of your condition, our specialists can advise you if a second opinion would be helpful